Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My 5 Favorite Face Masks + Moisturizers

I had a reader request to share some of my skincare favorites.  I have done a post on my daily make-up (you can read it HERE) but it has been awhile since I shared some skin favorites.  I have a few tried and true favorites but I always like to try new products as well.  I alternate between several different masks, creams and oils.  I can be a bit of a beauty junkie but it is so fun to try new products. I am on the hunt for some new natural lines to add to my rotation so I would love any recs outside of BeautyCounter and Tata Harper which I already use and love! 

F A C E  M A S K S 
These are my 5 favorite face masks.  I typically do a face mask 2-3 times a week.   I alternate between these 5 depending on my mood that night.  Mondays are always my "detox" night.  I do a face mask, whiten my teeth and drink detox tea (I like the Pukka detox tea or I make my own with lemon and ginger).  Then I do another mask Wednesday and one weekend day.  

I have been using this mask the longest.  I love all Tata Harper products.  This one is not heavy and feels a little tight when you apply it.  My skin feels so soft and moisturized afterwards.  It really does make your skin glow.
This one is great for "detoxing" your skin.  The charcoal and clay really help to pull out impurities.  It also helps to brighten and sooth skin. 

This thing works wonders, especially for zits.  If I ever get a zit I put a dab of this on it at night and it dries it right up.  This mask purifies, absorbs oil, and helps to draw out impurities.  It gets super tight when I apply it which I love, makes me feel like it is really working!


I ordered this after my girl Gwyneth recommended as one of her top 10 favorite natural face masks. This mask clarifies and gently exfoliates with blue tansey, willow bark and fruit enzymes.  
What I love about this mask is it really exfoliates your skin.  As soon as you put it on your skin tingles.  This was originally designed as "the 10 minute facial " for celebrities.  It really works to help smooth your skin, exfoliate, brighten it and make it super soft.


M O I S T U R I Z E R S

I use this everyday. I have been using it about 2 years now and love it.   It is lightweight, not greasy and really moisturizes.  
N I G H T  C R E A M S
I alternate between these 3 creams at night.  I like that they are thicker and really moisturize your skin.  I have fairly dry skin so I need the extra thickness and moisture.

I love BeautyCounter because you don't have to worry about harmful ingredients and this cream works really well. 
This one smells so good and makes my skin super soft.  It is really hydrating.  


This cream is also thick and makes my skin feel baby soft afterwards. 




O I L S,  S E R U M S + O T H E R

I have mentioned this face oil a few times on here but I love it so much.  It is the first thing I put on every morning.  It is not greasy and I feel like my skin drinks it up when I apply it.

This super serum helps combat the 6 signs of aging : texture, dehydration, elasticity, fine lines, radiance, and tone.  I apply this at night before my moisturizer. 
This is another BeautyCounter product I have been using from the beginning.  I use these right after I wash my face.  Not only do I feel like they help get the extra grit off my face but they minimize your pores as well.

These are all I use for removing my makeup.  They are the best and they moisturize your skin at the same time and are not harsh.




4 comments:

Just Jess said...

You have just added a lot of products to my "to-try" list. I keep hearing great things about beauty counter! Jess at Just Jess

Ally- Life as I know it said...

Great list! Im on a mask kick as well and am loving the Leahlani mermaid mask and the Cosmedix Cranberry Exfoliating Mask. I read once that people who change up their skincare routine often have the best skin so I try! Really want to try the Tata Harper mask! Keep hearing awesome reviews!

Kristin said...

I'm going to have to check a few of these out! I've been loving Drunk Elephant products. Simple and effective.

Unknown said...

If you are looking for a great natural line check out Little Barn Apothecary!! They started in Atlanta and now have two store fronts. I have used multiple products and have been nothing but happy with them! Worth checking out!!

https://littlebarnapothecary.com/

Have a great day! Karen