Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Chinese Five Spice Turkey with Zucchini Noodles + Neutral OOTD + Twine and Twig Marketplace



Major love for this recipe, y'all.   I first saw this on Pinterest but after reading the ingredients I knew it needed more spice.  It looked so good but just sounded a bit bland.   I have a handful of Asian ingredients that I always keep on hand and highly recommend for your pantry : Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Seeds, Minced Ginger (I buy this is the squeeze bottle, so much easier than grating your own) and garlic.  I can't tell you how often I use these ingredients.   They are pantry staples and what I used to jazz up this recipe.   This dish is not only healthy but full of flavor.   I have been trying to limit my carbs so this was a perfect low carb dinner.
Don't cook the zucchini noodles too long because they get soggy quick.  I don't cook with meat often but when I do I always try and buy organic, so I really recommend doing that.  You can cook the meat and spiralize the noodles ahead of time and then just heat it all up before dinner to save time.

Several of you wanted to know what spiralizer I use and it is this one.  I use it all the time, once you get one you will be hooked.  It is super easy to use and clean! 
Enjoy!

|| F I V E   S P I C E   C H I N E S E   T U R K E Y  +  Z U C C H I N I   N O O D L E S ||
adapted via

- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 3-4 large zucchini
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (sririacha)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 greens onions sliced
-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

Spiralize the zucchinis and set aside.   In a large skillet add the peanut oil and sesame oil and heat over medium heat.  Add in the green onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.  Cook about 3 minutes.  Add in the turkey and cook until browned.  
Add in soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, Chinese 5 spice, and hot sauce.  Stir all together and let simmer 5-10 minutes over medium/low heat.  Add in the zucchini noodles right at the end and toss over the heat.  Let them cook just a minute or two to slightly soften.  
Garnish with sesame seeds if desired!

...............................................................................
I think by now you all know my love for Twine and Twig Necklaces.  They are my go-to daily necklaces.   Did y'all now they also sell serving pieces now??  If you go to their website and look under Marketplace you can view all the serving pieces.  The spoon pictured above with my recipe is part of the collection.  The pieces are all unique and not crazy expensive.  I think they would make fabulous gifts.
A few other favorites, can view the whole collection here

twine and twig



........................................................................
Yesterday's OOTD.  I am obsessed with these gray jeans.  They are the perfect transition into Fall color.  My top is now on major sale.  I am wearing the blush color which is almost sold out but it is still available in stone which is a really gorgeous gray.  I am wearing a size small.


Here is what the stone gray looks like.  I love my blush one so much I am very tempted to snag the gray as well.

and I just noticed my leopard sweater was reduced again is now almost 60% off!  Snag it while you can!  It runs large size down, I have an XS.  Trust me you will wear this all Fall/Winter.  





1 comment:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

That sounds so good!! I eat ground lean turkey at least once a week in a recipe. Your hair looks so cute curly like that!