Friday, August 5, 2016

Thoughts For Friday

TGIF!!  We have been in Charlotte for the week visiting my family but we are excited to get back for a fun weekend.  

We decided to come to Charlotte and do a little back to school shopping for the kids.  When I was growing up my mom and grandmother always took us and I loved it.  So I love being able to recreate that tradition with my kids.  

Who else watched the Bachelorette Finale?  I did and I had a feeling she would choose Jordan, I am betting they don't last long.   I am also pumped The Bachelor Pad started back up- it's so horrible it'S good.   Chad has already provided some good entertainment. Wine + The Bachelorette is my idea of a good evening.
I am tottaly obsessed with Instagram stories.  I could never quite figure out snap chat and this seems so much user friendly to me.  I like that is also all in one app so I don't have to switch back and forth.

We made one of my favorite Kale Salads for dinner while I was home- you can find the recipe HERE.  It is really good and it holds up well in the fridge it doesn't get soggy!
I am currently scheming ideas for Frances Moon's big girl room and this is one I have saved for  for inspiration.


I don't normally have much luck for me in the Lily store (I love it for Frances Moon)  but I fell in love with this yellow embroidered dress.   It runs TTS, I am wearing a size small.

I wore it out for a girl's night with my mom and sister.
My sister is wearing my Off Shoulder Dress + Tassel Earrings
I am wearing Dress + Sandals
We tried out Cork Buzz a new wine bar in the South Park area.  We all really enjoyed it.  We sat outside and had wine flights and appetizers.
My Sunglasses are still on sale til Sunday and they restocked all the colors including the pink!

We loved the goat cheese dumplings, shisto peppers, and bacon spring rolls.  We also had the corn dip and cauliflower and loved them too.

I was excited to actually be able to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary sale in person while I was in Charlotte and I picked up a few things.  
I had eyed this sweater online since the sale started and once I tried it on, I knew I needed it.  
It is so soft and will be perfect for Fall.  Size down it runs on the large side, I am wearing an XS.  I think it will be great paired with skinny jeans or even leggings and and a long tee or tunic.
Also loved this adorable dress and it's only $24 right now!  
It comes in 5 color options.  Since it was Juniors I sized up to a medium.
I bought these Pj's  for Sterling and they are so so soft!  On sale and only a few sizes left. 


While I was home my mom found these dresses my grandmother brought us back from Hawaii probably 30 years ago at least.  Mine actually fit Frances and I was dying over how cute she was in it!!

If you hate to iron like I do you must get this hand held steamer.  I have been using mine non-stop.  It heats up quickly and really works to get all the wrinkles out of my dresses and blouses.  It is small so it is easy to pack.  Matt likes to use it on his work shirts too.  It is on major sale right now.


The Nordstrom Sale ends in 3 days.  Scroll through see my favorites and many items I purchased!
Have a great weekend!










2 comments:

Georgia Glam said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wallpaper in the picture for FM's room! That yellow dress is too cute too!

Robin Green said...

Thanks for sharing about the steamer. I ordered one to use in my new clothing boutique! :)