Monday, July 25, 2016

Scenes From Our Weekend

Can y'all believe this is the last Monday in July??  Where has the Summer gone?  Hard to believe school starts in 3 weeks.  I will be sad for Summer to be over, but looking forward to getting back in a routine.  A few snippets from our weekend. 

Friday night happy hour spread.  
My neighbor Kat made this dip last weekend and I loved it so I made it again.  You just layer hummus, chopped cherry tomatoes and feta.  Then sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.  Serve with toasted naan.    That's the crispy okra from Trader Joe's beside the naan, its really good.

I got a much needed manicure Friday and branched out with white nails and I am loving them.  I used OPI Alpine Snow.

We picked up Glazed Doughnuts Saturday morning.  They had new doughnut called The Samoa and it tasted just like the girl scout cookie!

After the Farmers Market the kids and I usually stop in Blue Bicycle books.  It is the cutest little bookstore on King Street.  They have a fun kid's room with toys and books.  I think I was more excited than Frances to find this Coco Chanel book.
Oh and those are my Nikes from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale.  There are only a few sizes left.  I am loving them, def size up a half size though they run small.   

Saturday night we had a couple's date night with some of our good friends.  I have said it before but these white jeans are simply the best.   They are not see through and offer the perfect amount of stretch.

We started at Raw167 for dinner.   Their oysters are seriously the best.   They also have really good rose.


Then we ended the evening at Zero George.  We love their bar and the bartender, Kincaid is the best!   That's him in the back beside me, he let us all sneak behind the bar!

Sunday we hit up the pool and Sunrise Park, a beach that is a mile from our house.   The kids love to collect seashells and shark's teeth here.

I love the view of Mt Pleasant and downtown from the beach.  A little cloudy but still beautiful.

This tee shirt dress is a recent find.  I loved the fit and style so much I bought the stripes version too.  I live in these easy dresses during the Summer.  I am wearing a size small for reference.

Sunday Dinner.  A delcious vegetarian spread.  I can't get enough of all the in season produce like tomatoes.  They are so good right now.

While I was making my tomato pie, Sterling wanted to make his own pie with some leftover dough.  He actually did a pretty good job.  He used strawberries, brown sugar and sprinkles.  I love that he likes to cook like I do.  He was very proud of his pie.

I am working on an upcoming post about my diet and workout routine this Summer.  I just noticed my all time favorite running shorts are part of the Anniversary sale.  I love these because they sit higher up and don't fit too tight.  I have two pairs and they are all I wear in the Summer.
They also come in two different stripe options and navy.  I am tempted to buy the navy I love my black ones so much.  Sizing wise I have a medium, I don't like my workout gear too fitted.

Have a great Monday! 




2 comments:

Deanna said...

I can't wait to try this hummus appetizer! It looks so good!

Unknown said...

Love all your recommendations. We drove 16 hours to Charleston and hit up Glazed, Callie's and Raw 167 based on your reviews. Loved all of them. And the staff were all outstanding. Glazed wasn't making the purple goat the day we went so they gave us the maple bacon free. Callie's was the best coffee we've ever had and the country ham biscuit was amazing! The lobster roll and fish taco at Raw 167 was fabulous! We stayed at Market Pavillion and loved the rooftop bar! Such a warm day for Nov 30th! Keep your reviews coming. Love them all and thanks!!