Thursday, July 28, 2016

Artist Crush | Kerry Steele

Happy Thursday Friends!  My parents get in town tonight and I can't wait for a fun weekend with them.  Today I want to showcase an artist that I am loving.  If you are not familiar with Kerry Steele I am certain you are going to fall in love with her art like I did.  


I first found Kerry via instagram.  What did we do before instagram ?? Her instagram account is @kerrysteeleart,  and I highly recommend following her. Kerry shares her new work so it is fun to get a sneak peek of what she is currently working on.  I silently stalked her art for awhile on instagram.  Then Kerry emailed me saying she was wanting to move to Charleston, so we bonded over that!  A few months later she and her husband did move down to Charleston from Richmond.   She now has a studio and is painting over at Redux- which is the coolest space if you have never been. 

A few pieces from her Portfolio, which are all equally amazing. 




I stopped by her studio at Redux a few weeks ago to chat and pick up a commissioned piece she did for us.  I was blown away by all her current work.  I snapped a few pictures while I was in her studio.  It was so cool to see where she works.  I was really drawn to her current color palette.   I love the pinks and blues.  


  


This is my painting that Kerry did for us.  Can you tell I am just a little excited:)   


Most of the pieces from Kerry's studio pictured above are available on Kerry's site.  She also does commissions which is what Matt and I did.  The commission process was really neat.  Kerry and I emailed at first and I showed her examples of her work that I was drawn too.  Then Kerry came to my house with a stack of paint chip cards.  We then talked colors and what I liked and didn't like.  She used the paint chips to match my wall color, couch, and pillows so it all goes together perfectly! 



It really looks perfect in the space and was just what we wanted!!  I had a little photo bomber who wanted in on this picture.

A close up of our painting.  The colors just make me happy every time I look at it.

Kerry has graciously offered you guys 25% off orders of $100 or more from her site.  Use code DESIGN25! 
You can view all her current work HERE. 

I am lusting after one of her figure paintings next.  These are all beyond gorgeous.  I would love one of these in our bedroom.  

figures


She even has a line of clutches and ties made out of her artwork.  These would make amazing gifts!

kerry steele

You can also find Kerry's art at the following  locations:

Anne Neilson Fine Art - Charlotte NC
Gregg Irby Gallery - Atlanta GA
​The Corner gallery - Norfolk VA

Serena and Lily.com- San Francisco CA




1 comment:

Unknown said...

All of it is so fun and pretty. I really love the ones of the nude women. I've been looking at several different artists that do those that might look pretty in our bathroom!