Monday, June 13, 2016

Scenes From Our Weekend + Shaved Zucchini Salad Recipe

Happy Monday!

Thursday night I headed out for a girl's night with a few of my best friends.  We hit up The Avondale Wine and Cheese Bar which is always a favorite spot.  They have a great wine selection, and so many delicious meat and cheese choices! We devoured this platter. 
Starting to pack for vacation!
Tee Shirt + Bathing Suit + Necklace (available at Beckett Boutique in town)+ Shorts + Tote

Friday we took the kid's shark teeth hunting after dinner.  Sterling is so good at finding them.  
We caught a pretty gorgeous sunset too.

Sterling and Matt found all these in like 20 minutes. It slightly terrifies me that there were this many teeth on our beach! 

Sweet Frances Moon.
Friday's OOTD
This dress just came out in 2 new color options.  It is such a great easy tee shirt dress.   I am wearing a size 1 for reference.
Saturday was the Farmer's Market.  I have a new breakfast obsession from The Outta My Huevos food booth.  It is Carolina gold rice with local veggies, feta, chimichurri sauce and 2 eggs over easy.  It is so good.
Right after the Farmer's Market we hit up the pool because it was such a hot day!
Wearing:  Hat + Caftan

That night we met up with my parents for happy hour who were in town with some friends for the weekend.  I am so thankful I get to see them often because I really miss living in the same city.
Mom's Blouse was just restocked too, such a great white blouse.
My Outfit details:
My dress was just reduced.  It runs on the large side so size down at least one size. I am wearing a 2 but almost could have worn a 0.  It is fully lined and I really like the lace detail.

Sunday we went to church and then lunch with my Father-in-law to celebrate father's day early.  

Then a boat ride to No Name Beach.

I asked Frances Moon for a pretzel and clearly she was not in a sharing mood.
All that anger made her sleepy on the ride home.
I also wanted to mention Progeny Shoppe one of my favorite shops for the kid's is running a sale right now and most summer items are already 30% off and then you can use code SCHOOLSOUT to save another 10% making everything 40% off! 
This romper is one of my favorite outfits for Frances Moon.
A few other precious finds.  Photos by Petite Simone


A few people wanted the recipe for this Shaved Zucchini Salad I made over the weekend.  It could not be easier! 
|| S H A V E D  Z U C C H I N I   S A L A D ||
- 2 squash
- 2 zucchini
- 1 small bag sliced almonds
- fresh basil
- juice from one lemon
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
Using a vegetable peeler slice the squash, zucchini and parmesan cheese into strips and place in a bowl.  Drizzle with olive oil, juice of one lemon and salt and pepper.  Sprinkle in basil and toss all together.  Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat and cook the sliced almonds about 4-5 minutes stirring frequently so they don't burn.  remove from heat and place on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.  Add to salad right before serving.
Smile Today!





1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Hi Natalie! I just wanted to ask you a quick question...we are in Folly Beach right now on Vacation. Were here for a week and its SO gorgeous. I saw your pic with the shark teeth and wondered if you'd mind sharing what beach this is? My oldest son is DYING to find some shark teeth and we wanted a heads up on where to look! Thanks in advance!