Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Halloween Treat, Halloween Cocktail and Recent Outfits

Happy Thursday!  Today I wanted to share two fun ideas for Halloween one for the kids and one for the adults!

These could not be easier and the kids loved helping to make them.  I found the recipe on Pinterest.
-1 bag snack sized reeses cups
- oreos
- icing (I bought the kind in a small squeeze tube)
- edible eyes

Break off the tops of the oreos and break into halves.  Use the icing to secure the oreos wings on the reeses cups and then use the icing to glue the eyeballs.  


If you are not familiar with Hooch, you need to be.  It is the perfect cocktail mixer to have on hand.  
It is a bubbly limeade mixer and we love it.  It is not super sweet which I like.  It is great mixed with vodka or tequila.  If you are pregnant it also makes a great mocktail, my sister likes to sip it on ice with no alcohol added. 
It was created locally here in Charleston and is carried in several stores in the Southeast but for those of you not local you can order HERE
This is what the bottle looks like if you are trying to find it.


You can make this rita with either vodka or tequila.  Just add Hooch, a little fresh squeezed lime, a dash of triple sec if you have it on hand and fresh sliced lime for garnish.  Serve over ice and we like to salt our rims with pink Himalayan sea salt!

......................................................................................
RECENT OUTFITS

I love this simple black dress.  It is great to dress up or down and is now on sale.  It also comes in a really pretty gray color.  Several of you asked about the booties and I found mine at TJMaxx but after scoring the internet I found them Here for 55% off!. They also come in black which I am so tempted to order I love my other ones so much.


This top is another score I found at Banana Republic.  If you love a good comfy knit shirt this one is a winner.  On sale now for only $20.  Comes in 6 different colors too.


You might remember this blouse from my Gigi New York Photos.  It is on constant rotation these days.  Runs on the large side I am in XS. Also carrying my black Gigi Crocodile purse!

My mom ended up buying the same Mara Hoffman dress I had and we decided to trade colors for awhile.  I love the red for Fall.  I bought the Madewell Pumps 2 years and they have quickly become my favorite go to pumps.  They are  super comfortable.

Mara Hoffman Dress | Madewell Pumps| Boho Beads Necklace

I ordered this dress from Loft last week during the sale and I was so pleased with it.  I love the pattern and the fun ruffled bottom.  Everything at LOFT is currently 40% off with code SWEET.

I also ordered this Floral Blouse (it is the same style as the coral blouse I shared Friday)
and this Dot Blouse, my store didn't have my size in stock.

This is the blouse I ordered during the Shopbop Friends and Family sale.  I love the mustard color and criss cross front detail.

  Have a fabulous Thursday!





2 comments:

J said...

Love all the pieces you picked up at Loft! For reference, can you share what size you purchased the dress and floral blouse in? Thank you! :)

Heather said...

I would LOVE it if you someday did a post about jewelry. In addition to my "real" pieces, I love getting more trendy things too, especially necklaces. But I get so confused sometimes b/c I don't want something that will tarnish easily or look cheap. For example, I only recently learned the difference b/w gold filled and goldplated. Would love your advice sometime! Just an idea :)