Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Cobb Salad Dip


Yes, you read that right.  Cobb Salad Dip. It's like Cobb Salad but even better.  I made this last weekend for a few of my girlfriends that came over while the guys were fishing.  We demolished the dip.  It is full of so many fresh flavors.  I picked up my corn and tomatoes at the Farmers Market and they were perfectly ripe and sweet.  You could also add an avocado to this but I was worried it would brown if we had dip leftover.  This is the perfect end of Summer dip!
Enjoy!


|| C O B B   S A L A D  D I P ||
Recipe adapted via Lemon Tree Dwelling

- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
- 3 ears of corn
- cherry tomatoes
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 green onions sliced
- cooked and crumbled bacon
- crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper
- tortilla chips or ruffles for dipping

Let cream cheese sit out and soften about an hour.  Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch packet.  Spread in the bottom of any dish- I used a round one that I use for my tomato pie and quiche but any dish would work.  I bake the corn at 350 degrees about 10 minutes just to slightly soften it but you don't have to cook it.
Layer shredded cheese and the rest of the ingredients.  I like to end with the blue cheese and bacon. Serve with tortilla chips.





3 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds so yummy!! I'm not a corn fan so I'll have to try this and sub some cucumbers for the "crunch!"

Can't wait to try this!!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

woah, this looks incredible!

My Life as A Plate said...

cobb salads and dips- two of my favorite things. What a perfect combo.