Friday, April 10, 2015

Thoughts For Friday

TGIF.  Who is ready for the weekend??
Can we discuss how excited I am to have some new Reality TV.   I was so over the Beverly Hills Housewives towards the end, I could barely watch it.   I am happy the NYC girls are back and that they brought Bethenny back, I am always a fan of her.  I guess Ramona finally ditched Mario for cheating and gotta say I am digging the new girl so far.  Sonja always proves to be interesting and I love laid back Carol.

Southern Charm is a constant train wreck but I can't stop watching it  I always love to see the local spots where they film.  I have to admit I love Whitney's mom, she may be my favorite character.  Always sitting in her caftans, having her butlers make her a martini- gotta love her.


This year Matt and I decided we wanted to do more of a real garden.  We were going to build an upraised bed but one of his friends suggested The Earth Box.  I just ordered 2 and I am going to plant our produce this weekend.  He swears by the Earth box and says his produce grows really well.  I will report back on our results.


So far we are going to plant: kale, arugula, swiss chard, squash, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower (should be interesting), habaneros, and herbs.

If you are looking for an easy and delicious side dish, you must try The Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Broccoli with pine nuts.
You roast the broccoli with minced garlic. Then toss with pine nuts, fresh basil, Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.  The flavors are amazing.  Sterling loves it too and he is picky, but when I made it this week he went back for seconds!


Frances is such a doll when she wakes up from her naps.  I love walking in her room and seeing her sweet smile.
She is wearing her Rikshaw Pineapple dress.  If you follow me on instagram (snoopnattynat) I will be running a giveaway to win this same dress and bloomer set next week.


Sterling started soccer back for the Spring and I have to say I am loving the practices and games. 
Matt decided to help coach this year and it warms my heart to see the two on the field together.


I am so excited my favorite Equipment shorts are back out in a fun floral print.  I bought the leopard version last year and wore them all the time.  They zip in the back and have no pockets so they fit really well and are flattering.

I recently ordered  The Sprouted Kitchen new cookbook and it is just awesome.  Beautiful photographs and recipes.  If you need a new cookbook check this one out.  Every single recipe looks amazing.  I have already made two recipes and they both were great.
This kale slaw with soaked golden raisins and pine nuts was simply incredible.


Have a great weekend!





12 comments:

Julie said...

I love Southern Charm so much. Cameran is precious and the Thomas/Catherine story is such a trainwreck.

Suzanne said...

I admit that I love watching Southern Charm! I will tune in to the new season of the Housewives too, but sometimes their bickering turns me off.

That broccoli side dish sounds delicious, thanks for sharing!

PMM pamela munger said...

Oh, I like the sound of that earthbox.....I don't have the best luck growing my veggies so maybe this is the solution. Thanks for posting!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Southern Charm just cracks me up!

Christina said...

i just planted dill, cilantro, basil, rosemary, and parsley. so excited. i actually just took that book out from the library over the weekend. it's a good one!

Leslie said...

Frances does like a little doll! Her dress is so cute!

Rory Gruler said...

RHOBH was KILLING me... I have had many conversations with my sister, analyzing the the holy inappropriateness that is Brandi. I had to stop watching because I found her mixing of booze and anti anxiety medications socially irresponsible. I would love to know your thoughts?

Unknown said...

Interested to see how your Earth boxes turn out, think I will try them too. I love having veggies on hand but I am terrible about keeping anything alive for long, lol.

Love the NY Housewives too!! Am also so sick of BH now and they are usually my fave. I do like Bethenny but man she is driving me nuts already with her constant talking and interrupting.

Georgine said...

Funny... I was addicted to Southern Charm last year, but hate it this year!! It's all about beating up on Katherine... calling her trashy and an opportunist. She's a new mom with a questionable baby daddy- I find the situation heart breaking and not entertaining at all!

Jillian said...

that pineapple dress is SO cute!! now that i live in charleston i really want to start watching southern charm haha xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Lauren said...

Such wonderful tips, as always! Love the quote and will be making that barefoot contessa recipe! Simple. She's the best!

Stephanie Chalk said...

The Barefoot Contessa recipe looks delicious, can't wait to try it soon! Love those shorts too! Xo, Stephanie