Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Great Mascara Search + New Lip Obsession

As you all know about a year ago I started trying out many different mascaras trying to find the perfect one, one that was not clumpy and made my lashes look super long.  I tried them all trust me.  I thought I had a found in a winner in Chanel Le Volume which I loved but my last two tubes had been clumpy from the day I opened them and that pissed me off.  Then I had two eye infections back to back, not saying the mascara caused them but it did make me throw out what I was using so I didn't keep reinfecting my eye.  The one mascara I had yet to try which actually so many people recommended was the Lancome Defincils.   

 I ended up ordering the mascara and a lipstick because currently at Nordstrom if you spend $39 on Lancome you get an awesome free gift (valued at $125).  It was a no brainer to order an extra item to try!

You get to choose between three different gift sets depending on your skin: LIFT, HYDRATE, or REPAIR. 

and if you spend $70, In addition to the set above you get 2 free lipsticks + a lipstick case.



I loved the mascara, seriously not one clump.  It had a skinner wand than I was used to so I had to apply several layers to make my blond eyelashes look black but it goes on so smooth and really separated and elongated my eyelashes.  I will be buying the mascara again.  It comes in black, deep black, and brown.  I ordered the black but plan to try the deep black next.

The Shine Lover Lipstick is just amazing.  I like a hint of color during the day but not too much.  This is the perfect amount of color plus it feels like silk going on.  I went back and ordered two more colors afterwards I loved mine so much.  I recommend colors French Sourire, Irreverente, Eclat De Rose, and Inattendue.
I am wearing 124 Irreverente 
.


I want to try the Lancome Lip Lover next, I read great reviews about it.  It won Allure's best lipgloss last year in 2014.  It delivers color and shine.

I loved my two Lancome products so much I want to try out a few more. I would love to hear if you use any Lancome products and what your favorites are?  What should I try next?

Now is great time to buy because not only is Nordstrom offering the awesome free gift with purchase it is also double points if you shop with your Nordstrom card.
A few things I want to try:

lancome


\\ Pure Face Mask- I am a sucker for a good face mask. This five minute mask is supposed to minimize pores and leave your skin looking refreshed.
\\ Bronzer- This has won several awards and people swear it gives your skin that perfect natural looking glow
\\ Exfoliating Face Wash-  This got 4.9 out of 5 stars review.  I love a good face wash that exfoliates.
\\ Precision Point Eyeliner- I get so tired of pencil eyeliners and sharpening them.  This one apparently goes on super smooth for a perfect line.
\\ Eye Make-up Remover- My mom has used this eye make up remover for years and swears by it!
\\ Night Cream - For the price this cream is supposed to be amazing and leave your skin hydrated and baby soft.
\\ Eye Serum- I need any help in the eye department I can get!  This actually targets your forehead, eyes and cheekbones to tighten and reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
Rouge in Love Lipstick- These lipstick colors are gorgeous!!




Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.



9 comments:

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

That lipstick looks great and I would love to try the mascara! I'm loving YSL's baby doll lately! I spent $110 on Lancome products and every one of them dried my skin out so I basically gave them away. Boo!!!!! Hope you have better luck!

Christina said...

Try YSL's baby doll for major length and some volume, try benefit's badgal lash for volume, benefit's roller lash for both length and volume. trust me, i've tried a million mascaras. don't bother with NARS or clinique. :)

Eloquently Emily said...

I recently tried Lancome's Recovery mask and it was amazing! I would definitely suggest checking it out! Hope you have a great rest of week!

April of Smidge Of This said...

If you want to try a good drugstore mascara, I swear by L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24h. It's pretty darn amazing. And I've tried all of the other "great" ones like YSL, Benefit They're Real, etc!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

You should try Benefit's They're Real, seriously amazing! :)

Ann said...

I use a lot of Lancome products and have for years. My mom is a Lancome addict so she got me started early. I SWEAR by the eye makeup remover. I also have blonde lashes so I require a lot of mascara to get a normal look, and need a good remover to take it all off. Try Lancome's Hyponose Drama mascara with the curved wand. I always try other brands but end up back at Lancome. There's a reason for that! Other expensive brand mascaras work well but dry up in two weeks.

Unknown said...

Try younique mascara! I have tried several different kinds as well but fell in love with this. The price is $30 and it's waterproof as well. There are 2 wands used to apply the mascara but if you want long lashes this is your answer..you won't be disappointed!

Unknown said...

Try younique mascara! I have tried several different kinds as well but fell in love with this. The price is $30 and it's waterproof as well. There are 2 wands used to apply the mascara but if you want long lashes this is your answer..you won't be disappointed!

Emily {Luscious Life & Decor} said...

I love LancĂ´me! I always their lip glosses, eye remover, eye cream & sometimes their moisturizer.