Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Edamame + Avocado + Radish Salad


I came across this recipe on Pinterest awhile back and knew I had to make it!  It was so light and refreshing.  It would be perfect for a Summer Dinner or Picnic Party.  I will say it was best the first day I made it, it was not as good the next day mainly because the radishes got a bit soft and the avocado starts to go bad, so I recommend eating it the first day if possible. The flavors in the dressing were amazing- the ginger paired with garlic, honey, and fresh lime juice were just delicious.  Best part this is a super healthy salad no cheese or anything bad just all fresh ingredients so you can eat it guilt free!
Enjoy!


\\ E D A M A M E + A V O C A D O + R A D I S H   S A L A D 
adapted via Joy the Baker

Serves 4 large or 6 small servings

1 16-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons honey
Scant 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
Pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper
1/2 cup sliced green onion(about 4 onions)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  8 radishes, sliced
1 ripe avocado, sliced

Bring about four cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add edamame and boil for just a few minutes, until cooked through but still with a slight bite to them. Drain and allow to cool.

In the meantime, make the dressing.

In a small bowl, whisk together rice wine vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger, lime, honey, and salt and pepper. Whisk together until completely incorporated. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine cooled edamame, green onion, parsley, radishes, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Toss together. Add dressing to desired amount. It’s that easy!
 



9 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

this looks so pretty! I'm going to make it for our Easter brunch this weekend!

Natalie said...

This sounds amazing! Seems like an easy lunch to bring to work too.

Jillian said...

i have never had radishes! crazy right? but i love edamame and avocado so i really want to try this! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Delta Daisies said...

This looks amazzzzing

Unknown said...

I can't say that I've ever tried radishes...they kind of scare me! haha but this looks really delicious so I might have to give them a go!

megan said...

I don't think I've ever had radishes either! But I think I'm going to try this because I like the other two ingredients and I'm always looking for a new side to try.

KatiePerk said...

This is such a pretty picture! Looks yummy too!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

So yum!!

Emily C said...

thank you!! i have a huge bag of frozen edamame from costco that has been sitting for way too long! will make this soon.