Monday, January 27, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend

Monday again. We have our third hearing doctor appointment this morning. Apparently one of Frances' ears is still clogged with ear wax and fluids from birth, they are hoping it will clear on its own but it doesn't seem to be. Has anyone had this happen before?  Her one ear passed the test fine but we are waiting for this one to clear out in order to re-test.  Wish us luck. The mom in me worries but I am hopeful it will all be ok.

This weekend was pretty low key.

Friday night we stayed in and did abslutely nothing.  We were going to order pizza but then got lazy and just cooked a frozen one.  But it was nice just hanging with the kids.

 
We spent some time outdoors even though it is still cold here- with a chance of snow Tuesday and Wednesday!  I swear this has been the coldest month I have lived in Charleston!


 I love this picture that Sterling took of me and Matt.  He did a pretty good job minus cutting off our heads:)


Several of you asked about my leggings on Instagram when I posted this pic they are almost identical to these Zella Live In Eclipse Dye Leggings.

http://rstyle.me/~1mQl6

  They also come in this capri version for Spring. 


Saturday morning we had brunch at The Glass Onion which is one of our favorite spots here.  I had a pimento cheese omelet with their garden salad.  I dream about their garden salad it is good  It is Bibb lettuce with homemade vinaigrette, fresh blue cheese, and pickled veggies.  Divine I tell you.


We also had the share the fries with Hollandaise.  Pure gluttony on a plate!


Saturday night we went to Carson's Birthday at Chuckie Cheese.  The kids had a blast but let me tell you it was my worst nightmare,  it was so crowded and that gives me major anxiety with the kids.  Thank goodness they wisely serve booze.  I had a beer and I am not even a beer drinker but the wine scared me - you know Chuckie Cheese doesn't have good wine.  Poor Frances was not impressed with Chuckie Cheese.


I did a little home styling this weekend.  I have been in the mood to refresh things up and switch things around, I will show more pictures soon when I do a post on my house list for 2014.


Love watching these two together.  How funny is the stank eye Frances is giving Sterling.  She clearly did not like me letting him hold her.


Have a great start to your week!



 

23 comments:

Natalie said...

Your home styling is gorgeous! And I love the picture of Sterling and Frances with the stink eye, too cute.

Nickie said...

I feel the same as you about the Cheese place. Major anxiety!! Hmm, didn't know they sold beer/wine though....
I love this pic of Sterling and Frances. Too cute!!

Nat said...

Those fries with holladaise sound amazing! Chuck e cheese sounds like a nightmare. Love your home styling!

Kristen [Playground Prepster] said...

Minus the chuckie cheese experience it looks like a wonderful weekend! You were brave to head outdoors Saturday (it was freezing in Charlotte). I hope Frances' ear clears. My youngest had tubes at a little over a year but it was from six months of infections and fluids.

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I would need a beer for Chuckie Cheese on a weekend night as well. Looks like a nice weekend. She's learning already how to give the stink eye :-)

Lynzy said...

Olivia has this at birth as well and it cleared up after 6 weeks! :)

Julia Ryan said...

I seriously love that vignette from your living room. And of course all of the pictures of your sweet fam. That quote is so good too! Good reminder on a monday1

KatiePerk said...

The pic of you and Matt is great! What is funny is that my Matt's office is literally right behind you!! Good luck at the dr.

BLovedBoston said...

She is literally a doll!! I can't get over her facial expressions!!

Unknown said...

i hope little francis' appointment goes well!

love the stank eye pic of sterling! lol too cute.

xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Natalia { All the Things, etc } said...

I cannot stop staring at your fries with hollandaise picture. Mouth. Watering.

Your home styling is gorgeous. Can't wait to see more!

Alicia xoxxo said...

That salad looks so yummy! and so do the fires. Looks like a nice relaxing weekend. Love the pic of Frances giving Sterling the stank eye!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

I hope everything his ok with miss Frances today. By the way I love the way you styled your table - so pretty!

Delta Daisies said...

We had a lazy friday night, too! I love those capris!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Loving that tray so much! Looks fabulous with the TF book! And how cute are Sterling and Frances?!

Leslie said...

That picture of Sterling in Frances is just hilarious! I agree with you about Chuckie Cheese too.

Katie said...

Fries + hollandaise sauce? Oh, yes! And that picture of Frances shooting Sterling the stank eye is priceless! Such a nice, family-filled weekend :)

Ashley said...

My son is 4 and he still doesn't know Chuck E. Cheese's exists. I'm so scared of what's going to happen after he discovers it. Places like that freak/stress me out to the max!!!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Frances gave Sterling a serious *side eye* LOL! I can't stand Chuckee cheese! That place should be shut down. I feel like i'm at a hole in the wall bar in college. Eww.

Alexa said...

Aww hope Miss Frances is doing better with her ear. Keep us posted. Those fries and holladaise sound so out of control good right now! :)

Jodi said...

Frances is getting so big. That brunch looks amazing!

LA said...

Love your blog and have been reading it forever!!! Must say I laugh when you southerns post about cold. It has been -40 here for about about a month and before you ask if that is C or F does it matter ? LOL

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Fries with hollandaise!?! YUM!