Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Butter Bean Dip


If you need a quick and easy app to toss together then this is it.  My sister and her husband turned me onto this and it is now one of our favorite apps.  It tastes better the longer it sits.  You will be surprised how much flavor this simple dip is packed with.  The mustard, onion, and garlic really pair together perfect with the butter beans.  My sister recommends going ahead and spooning the bean mixture on the sliced baguette in order to let the flavors soak in the bread.   We did it that way the second time and I think preferred it better.  I was eating this by the spoonful no baguette it was that tasty.  Enjoy!

:: B U T T E R  B E A N  D I P ::
- 1 can drained butter beans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (1 clove)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- baguette sliced

Mix all ingredients together.  This is best when it sits about an hour and at room temperature.  It can be made ahead and refrigerated but pull out and let it come to room temperature before serving.


10 comments:

Eloquently Emily said...

I love butter beans so no doubt I will love this! Love quick apps you can throw together! Have a great week!

Julia Ryan said...

This sounds pretty good. Different too from normal dip. I'm going to try this!

pretty little things said...

I have to say I've never tried a butter bean but this looks pretty good! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Alicia xoxxo said...

yummmmmyyy! I will def be making this!

Christina said...

I saw this and said "Whattttt." I love butter beans. I've never bought the canned kind -- how are they? Fresh are so good but $$$$. Love your sister's tip.

Michaela said...

Oh! Never tried this. Will have to do it soon. Or come visit and have you make it for me!? ha :)

Kerr said...

This is so unique I would have never thought of a butter bean dip! Def making this soon!

Unknown said...

I really need to read more. I have a Kindle that sits unused most of the time. I saw Safe Haven then borrowed the book from our library. The movie was good - see it! I want to read the Honest Life definitely and I saw Brandi on Ricki the other day discussing her book - bet it's juicy. LOL www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Yum, I'll have to try making this!

style and grace said...

Hi Nat! Do you need to rinse the butter beans after you drain? Making it right now! LOL